Ki Mobility (we, us, our) is committed to protecting personal information and privacy. Where we collect your personal data we act as a data controller of that information and have taken steps to ensure that we comply with our obligations under applicable data protection laws. In particular, we have prepared this policy to explain the ways in which we handle your personal data.
We always aim to provide complete and transparent information about how we process your personal data but reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time in order to accurately reflect changed circumstances or new regulatory requirements. However, if we make any substantive changes to this Policy then we will let you know.
Application of this Policy
This Policy applies when you use our website, contact us via our website or through other means, or when you are an employee or agent of a service provider or supplier that we interact with during the ordinary course of conducting our business.
Collection of personal data
In order to operate our business effectively we have to process the personal data of individuals that we interact and communicate with in the operation and administration of our business. We only process information that you or your employer provide to us and do not collect personal data from other third parties.
Types of personal data collected
We process the following categories of personal data:
- Your name;
- Your employer and job title;
- Your business contact details including but not limited to telephone number, fax number and email address;
- Your IP address and location;
- Your on-line browsing activities on our website; and
- Correspondence and communications with us, including any information provided through our website's contact form.
We do not process any special categories of personal data.
Purposes of data processing
We process different categories of personal data for different reasons. Generally, we process your data in order to:
- Process and respond to product related enquiries;
- Process product orders, including arranging payment for and delivery of orders made;
- Provide service and support; and
- Make improvements to our products and website.
Lawful basis of data processing
In some circumstances we may process your data based on our legitimate interests in:
- Supplying our products;
- Improving our existing products and our website;
- Complying with our legal obligations;
- Handling supplier enquiries and complaints; and
- Managing corporate transactions, where we intend to acquire a business or dispose of all or part of our own business.
In addition, in some cases we may process your data where necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Sharing of your personal data
We may share your information with the following parties:
- Other entities within our group of companies;
- Our trusted partners;
- Payment institutions;
- Service providers that we use as part of our business infrastructure, for example providers of delivery, marketing or IT related services;
- Regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies and courts;
- In the event of a sale of our business or part of our business, the purchaser and its professional advisors; and
- Our professional advisors.
International transfers of personal data
The information which we collect about you may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. Where the recipient is based in a jurisdiction that has not been deemed to provide adequate protection of your data, then we put in place specific contractual protections approved by the European Commission in order to ensure that your data is adequately protected. If you'd like to know more about those protections then they can be accessed here.
Security of your information
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that we are doing everything that we can be in order to protect the security of your data. We regularly review our internal policies, procedures and technical security to ensure that they remain appropriate to the risks of your data being compromised in any way.
Automated decision making
We do not conduct any automated decision making based on the information you provide.
Retention of personal data
We only keep your information for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was initially collected. Generally, information in relation to completed sales will be retained for 6 years after the date of sale, at which time it will be reviewed and if no longer necessary permanently deleted.
In some cases we may anonymise data for statistical purposes. Where we do this we ensure that you can no longer be identified by those data, meaning that it will no longer constitute personal data and can be retained for a longer period.
Your rights in connection with your personal data
You have certain rights under data protection law in relation to your data which are listed below, although please note that not all of these apply in all circumstances:
- Right of access - subject to certain exceptions, you have the right of access to your personal data that we hold.
- Right to rectify your personal information - if you discover that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have this information rectified (i.e. corrected).
- Right to be forgotten - you may ask us to delete information we hold about you in certain circumstances. This right is not absolute and it may not be possible for us to delete the information we hold about you, for example, if we have an ongoing contractual relationship or are required to retain information to comply with our legal obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing - in some cases you may have the right to have the processing of your personal information restricted. For example, where you contest the accuracy of your personal information, its use may be restricted until the accuracy is verified.
- Right to object to processing - you may object to the processing of your personal information (including profiling) when it is based upon our legitimate interests. You may also object to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and for the purposes of statistical analysis.
- Right to data portability - you have the right to receive, move, copy or transfer your personal information to another controller when we are processing your personal information based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
Enquiries and complaints
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to our use of your personal data, then you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.